Water Resource Project Engineer
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Water Resource Engineer.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
• Support civil design, stream restoration, and other water resources design projects.
• Support stormwater management permitting efforts.
• Support environmental permitting projects.
• Support various projects within Environmental and Water Resources Divisions.
• Assessments and wetland delineations.
• Conduct field investigations.
• Conduct sampling events (surface water, groundwater, soil) in various site settings.
• Perform engineering calculations.
• Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models.
• Assist senior staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data.
• Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists.
• Have and maintain a valid driver's license, work outdoors in various weather conditions.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil / Environmental engineering or equivalent; Master's degree is a plus.
• Engineer - in - Training certification required.
• Knowledge of hydrology and hydraulics required.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience using AutoCAD is preferred.
• Experience using ArcGIS.
• Strong technical writing and communications skills.
• An ideal candidate would be a self - starter, open to learn, adaptable to change, have a strong work ethic
and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
• Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime, as needed.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients.
• Technical writing skills.
• Ability to apply analytical / scientific thinking to define and solve problems.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with a willingness to follow detailed instructions and learn new
• Ability to execute field and office tasks and operate independently at times - specifically in field setting.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support. HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Wage Range: $70,000 - $80,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.