Solar Project Manager
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Solar Energy Project Manager.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
Hunt is searching for a Project Manager with a minimum 5 years of experience, to join the solar engineering team in our Rochester office. This new team member will work on a variety of site and civil engineering projects, primarily focusing on the Solar Energy markets in New York State and Pennsylvania. Our team offers a hardworking, fast-paced environment, with a focus on high caliber work while balancing employee work-life relationship over the long term. Opportunities for growth within our company are available based on performance, communication skills and teamwork capabilities.
A qualified candidate for the Project Manager (Solar) position must have:
• Five (5) or more years of experience with civil / site engineering design and permitting, including a minimum of 3 years working with solar energy projects.
• Ability to work with and manage clients to determine needs and provide solutions.
• Ability to manage budget, scope, and schedule for various projects, including invoicing and job costing.
• Strong communication and management skills to provide leadership to technical staff involved in generating deliverables to the client.
• General knowledge of helioscopes, glare studies, solar array layouts, and associated solar energy electrical components.
• Ability to write proposals to meet the needs of the client, from conceptual to permitting to construction phases.
• Experience communicating with Municipal Planning Boards and other agencies.
• Ability to coordinate the execution of projects using assistance from other internal engineering departments, including electrical, structural, and survey.
• Ability to solicit quotes from environmental and geotechnical subconsultants and form a project team for each individual project.
• Experience overseeing construction packages (including all deliverables) for the engineering, procurement, and construction of solar energy projects for clients.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field of study.
• Current PE License in New York State, or ability to obtain a New York PE within one year of hire.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D preferred.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support. HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Wage Range: $72,800 - $104,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.