Senior Water Resource Engineer/ Project Manager
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Senior Water Resources Project Engineer.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
• Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for floodplain analysis and mapping, flood mitigation, bridge design,
stream restoration, and scour assessments
• Contribute to and lead technical discussions with regulatory agencies, clients, the general public, and
• General understanding of project budgets, schedule, and ability to work with multi-disciplinary staff to
deliver engineering reports and designs, particularly those in riverine settings
• Prepare final plans, technical specifications, and cost estimates for civil engineering projects, particularly
stream restoration projects
• Prepare final reports and memorandums documenting technical analyses
• Marketing of professional services, proposal writing, cost estimating, and project scheduling
• Ability to build client relationships and generate new business opportunities through strong interpersonal
and communication skills
• Technical guidance and mentoring for junior staff in their project work and development
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Watershed Science, or another field related
to water resources.
• Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated history of authoring reports of varying
complexity for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience and comfort leading meetings with diverse stakeholders and public speaking.
• Technical background and expertise in the following:
• Hydrologic modeling using software including HEC-HMS and HydroCAD.
• Hydraulic modeling using software including HEC-RAS and SWMM.
• Hydraulic design including estimates of scour potential, streambank stabilization design, stormwater
management, and sediment and erosion control.
• Understanding of geomorphic and biological processes in riverine systems.
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Experience preparing Bid Documents including technical specifications and drawings.
• Understanding of design and permitting process for riverine projects.
• Fluency in ESRI ArcGIS, particularly spatial analyst and 3D analyst extensions.
• Interest and desire to develop into a project manager for water resources projects.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support. HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Wage Range: $70,000- $100,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.