Municipal Water/ Wastewater Engineer
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Municipal Water/Wastewater Engineer.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
Hunt is searching for a Municipal Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our municipal engineering team in our Horseheads office. Opportunities available in Towanda, PA and Rochester, NY as well. This new team member will work on a variety of vital projects focusing on water/wastewater market throughout upstate New York and the northern tier of Pennsylvania. Our team offers a hardworking, fast-paced environment, with a focus on high caliber work while balancing employee work-life relationship over the long term. Opportunities for growth within our company are available based on performance, communication skills and teamwork capabilities.
A qualified candidate for the Municipal Water/Wastewater Engineer position must have:
• 5 or more years of experience with municipal water and wastewater experience.
• Work with and manage clients to determine needs and provide solutions.
• Communication and management skills to provide technical knowledge to other members of our full-
service team in upstate New York and the northern tier of Pennsylvania.
• Design and construction experience for distribution/ wastewater collection systems, pump/lift stations,
water supplies, water/wastewater treatment plant facilities, and storm water systems.
• Manage execution of projects with other engineering disciplines and office personnel.
• Develop projects from inception to completion.
• Prepare construction packages (including all deliverables) for the engineering, procurement, and
construction of water/wastewater systems for clients.
• Perform comprehensive engineering calculations and analysis and use design software to solve complex
• Bachelor's degree in civil, Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
• Current PE License in New York State, or ability to obtain a New York PE within one year of hire.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support. HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Wage Range: $57,100 - $84,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.