Junior Structural Engineer
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Junior Structural Engineer.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm, is looking for a Junior Structural Engineer interested in joining a thorough, fast-paced team, with a focus on high caliber work while balancing employee work-life relationship over the long term. Candidates will work with multidiscipline teams on a wide range of building projects providing structural design and analysis. As a Junior Engineer you will work under a licensed Professional engineer to complete a variety of project tasks. Assignments will include design and analysis, structural modeling and drafting, detailing, construction administration services, structural inspections, and technical report writing.
The candidate will have an integral role in the design and production of constructable drawings for a multitude of successful projects.
• Experience with structural design software such as STAAD or Ram as well familiarity with Revit and
AutoCAD are required.
• The position requires knowledge of structural engineering principles and mathematical skills.
• Coordinate and communicate clearly with team members.
• Organization and attention to detail are vital.
• Understand structural engineering principles related to the design of buildings.
• Complete structural analysis for steel, concrete, masonry, and wood.
• Review and understand design codes such as Building Code of New York State, International Building
Code, ASCE-07, AISC, and ACI.
• Team and support cross-discipline colleagues per direction of project leads.
• Take initiative, problem solve, and be excited to learn on a daily basis.
• Effectively communicate through oral, written, and visual means with project teams.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering in Civil Engineering is required. An emphasis on Structural
Engineering or Masters in Structural Engineering is a plus.
• 2-5 Year of Experience
• EIT License, or ability and desire to obtain EIT is encouraged.
• Desire and willingness to learn.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support.
Wage Range: $55,000-$65,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.
HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).