HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for a Geologist in our Binghamton and Albany Offices.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
As a mid-to-senior level project manager within the Environmental Services Department, you will organize and lead field investigation programs with multiple staff members and subcontractors for traditional assessment and remediation projects. Collaborate with the Division Manager and Principal, to service clients and complete reports and projects on time and on budget. Key tasks performed will include, field management of soil, soil vapor and groundwater investigation projects. Coordinate field work for junior staff, including the review of the required field equipment, arranging underground utility locators, groundwater monitoring and sampling, environmental drilling and logging, test pitting, soil and gas sampling, and remedial construction oversight.
• Writing and critical thinking.
• Attention to detail and excellent time management - balancing immediate and long-term work.
• Ability to manage junior staff with regard to report preparation, and completion and review of reports.
• Business Development and Marketing capabilities.
• Comfortable in both an office and field environment, as assignment priorities may change.
• Knowledge of CADD Software.
• Laboratory experience.
• Knowledge of NYSDOT, NYSDEC, USEPA CERCLA (Superfund), BOA, rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations.
• Bachelor of Science in Geology (Master of Science is preferred)
• NYS Professional Geologist licensure is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Geologist (private consulting firm experience is preferred).
• 40-Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations Certified (preferred, not required)
• Knowledge of working within a regulatory environment with specific experience in NYS & USEPA RI/FS
• Knowledge of Phase I, II, III Environmental Site Assessments with an emphasis on contaminated sites.
• Knowledge of soil and groundwater investigations.
• Knowledge and experience with soil and water sampling techniques and applicable state and federal
• Knowledge of typical contaminants of concern (hydrocarbons, inorganics, PAHs), as well as fate &
transport analysis of each.
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support.
Wage Range: $62,400 - $83,200 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.
HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).