Asbestos Project Designer
HUNT, a full-service A/E firm is searching for an Asbestos Project Designer in our Binghamton and Albany Offices.
As a firm, our vision is to build vibrant communities by empowering creativity and partnership. We have accomplished this to date by being an entrusted partner to our clients/communities, providing full-service design that is innovative, practical and community focused. In addition, we offer a family friendly, flexible workplace that aims to encourage long, successful, sustainable careers through a variety of life stages. We are excited to welcome you to apply to this strong culture and hope that your values align with those of the firm, which will further enhance our culture even as we look toward targeted growth opportunities.
HUNT offices are located in Albany, Binghamton, Horseheads, Rochester, Towanda (PA).
As an Asbestos Project Designer, within our Environmental Services Department, you will organize and lead Hazardous Materials (asbestos, lead-based paint, mold and PCB) abatement design projects along with supervising inspections, surveys, reports, and, with multiple staff members and subcontractors. Collaborate with the Division Manager and Principal, to service clients and complete reports and projects on time and on budget.
• Demonstrated prior successful project experience with asbestos, lead-based paint, mold and PCB
inspections, surveys, reports, and abatement design projects.
• NYSDOL variance petition experience.
• Knowledge of CADD & GIS Software.
• Laboratory experience.
• Writing and critical thinking.
• Attention to detail and excellent time management - balancing immediate and long-term work.
• Comfortable in both an office and field environment, as assignment priorities may change.
• Bachelor of Science (preferred, not required).
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a NYSDOH-certified Asbestos Project Designer & Asbestos Inspector.
Both certifications are required.
• NYSDOL Lead Inspector Certification.
• NYSDOL Mold Inspector Certification.
• 40-Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations Certified (preferred, not required).
Benefits package includes holidays, PTO, health insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401(K) plan and continuing education support.
Wage Range: $50,000 - $60,000 Per Year. Salary commensurate with experience and talent.
HUNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).